There are currently 5 job posts in the Job Bank.
Interested in posting a job to the ICA Job Bank? As part of your ICA Membership all posts to the job bank are free and will remain on the site for 60 days!
If you're not a member of ICA there is a $250 charge to post to the website for 60 days.
Interested in becoming a member? View our member benefits and fill out an application for membership here.
Please forward posts to Darci Chuba at firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Lincoln Financial Group
Location: Greensboro, NC
Job Title: Sr. Consultant Claims Process Improvement
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group is a Fortune 500 company offering a diverse range of financial services and solutions. With a strong focus on our four businesses - life insurance, annuities, retirement plan services, and group protection, our business is built around supporting, preserving, and enhancing our customer’s lifestyles and providing better retirement outcomes. Led by over 8,000 employees, Lincoln Financial provides the tools and advice to help individuals take charge of their futures.
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects and initiatives within the claims organization, with a focus on process improvement.
- Responsible for promoting a healthy continuous improvement culture within claims by effectively communicating with business leaders and employees and promoting improvement opportunities and change initiatives.
- Interacts with senior business leaders and subject matter experts to develop solutions that will improve process performance through increased productivity and efficiency and managing process demands while enhancing the customer experience.
- Works with key stakeholders to transform the claims culture by embedding a continuous improvement mindset and best in class process improvement capability at all levels of the organization.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads and administers multiple continuous improvement and change initiatives that positively impact operational and customer facing areas within the claims organization.
- Leads projects of complex scope and long duration, ensuring they support business improvement and organization wide targets for growth, efficiency, quality and effectiveness.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Designs future state operating models that address opportunities uncovered during current state analysis.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides oversight and analysis of projects that require transformational change to achieve the strategic objectives of the claims organization, which includes process improvements, implementing appropriate controls and improving efficiency.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) or responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Analyzes complex process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on increased productivity, reduced cost and a better customer experience.
- Determines how new technologies can support reengineering business processes.
- Drives the implementation of future state technology solutions.
- Undergraduate degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience.
- 5 - 7 Years of process improvement/efficiency experience with a demonstrated track record of developing and implementing process improvements that aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position.
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations; possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions; drives performance targets to completion.
- Basic understanding and/or proficiency in project management, risk management, advising, and communication.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and deal effectively with change in order to balance competing departmental and business needs.
- Superior communication skills
- A demonstrated track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
- Possesses a bias for action and avoids workplace distractions
- Drives performance targets to completion
You can view the job description and apply here.
Company: Genworth Financial, Inc.
Location: Richmond, VA
Job Title: Team Manager, Operations - LI16769 (Long Term Care Claims)
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a leading Fortune 500 insurance holding company dedicated to helping people secure their financial lives, families and futures. Headquartered in Richmond, VA, Genworth has approximately 5,500 employees operating through three divisions around the world. For more information on employment opportunities, please visit genworth.com/employment.
We are currently recruiting for a Team Manager, Operations. The Team Manager, Operations has four major leadership responsibilities:
- LTC Claims Audits
- LTC Claim Controllership
- Expense Analytics.
- Leads the team that develops, communicates and maintains the Standard Operating Procedures for LTC Claims. Works in partnership with Director of Technical Adjudication to set strategy and priority for changes to adjudication policies. Works in partnership with Learning and Development leader to implement changes in training or to initiate training across 550-person operation.
- Primary interface for audits (State DOI, Reinsurance, GCAS) of LTC Claims. Leads matrixed team in supporting audit engagements as well as technical responses to individual findings. Responsible for constructively engaging auditors to promote accurate analysis, launching prompt remediation actions and ensuring complete due diligence is accomplished. Typically 10-audit engagements/year.
- Mature and maintain a cross functional controllership within LTC Claims. Manage the controllership strategy to include ICRs, Critical Control Tracking/Development, Control Tests, and Oversight. Broaden the existing controllership team functions.
- Provide leadership and direction for financial analyst responsible for Claims monthly deep dives, Claims MYP and Op Plan development; LTC Business expense and headcount planning and monitoring in conjunction with Finance organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- LTC Product Knowledge
- Ability to drive broad leadership initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues with potential conflicting requirements
- Demonstrated ability to maximize business performance through relationship building and the ability to influence executives through strategic and critical thinking
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills to include written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Advanced knowledge of LTC claims administration procedures.
- 10+ years of experience in insurance industry
Click here and search for requisition number LI16769
Company: Northwestern Mutual
Location: New York/New Jersey
Job Title: Field Benefit Consultant
About Northwestern Mutual
A Foundation for Life - that's Northwestern Mutual's promise. We are a financial services provider that has delivered consistent and dependable performance, and we've done this better than anyone else for more than 155 years. Discover your potential with a career at Northwestern Mutual:
- One of the "World's Most Admired" life insurance company according to FORTUNE® magazine's 2012 annual survey.
- High customer satisfaction - evidenced by a persistency rate of 96% for life insurance in force.
- Northwestern Mutual's financial strength ratings are unsurpassed in the industry.
- Diversity Employers Top 100 Employer for the class of 2011. As a mutual company, we focus on our clients' long-term needs and best interests.
We hire the best and brightest and encourage innovation and thought leadership through an environment of limitless opportunities.
The incumbent must have the ability to travel frequently to cover the New York/New Jersey territory including all of New York and New Jersey. The incumbent will work from home and must live within 45 minutes of New York City and within 45 minutes of a major airport hub within the designated territory. The incumbent must be available to travel as needed throughout the territory. This may include traveling on multiple weekdays each week and overnight travel. On occasion, the position may require handling cases on weekends or evenings and may require travel to other territories around the country to back-up fellow team members.
Travels as needed to personally investigate and analyze the most complex contestable and non-contestable Disability Income, Life and Life Premium Waiver claims. Interprets, analyzes and identifies pertinent facts, redirecting handling on the spot as necessary to provide all of the facts required to assure handling in accordance with policy provisions, state regulations, and claims procedures and standards. Consults with the Assistant Director, Disability Income Benefits/Long Term Care Claims, Special Investigators and the Division Analysts, Specialists or Consultants to ensure appropriate and timely handling. In select cases, negotiates to resolve difficult or questionable claims with insureds, policyowners and/or their legal representatives. Handles complex field investigations as a representative of the company for Compliance, Law, Long Term Care and other areas of the company, as needed. Acts as a detached representative of the Special Investigations Unit.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 5-7 years of extensive investigative and/or complex disability or life claims handling experience demonstrating analytical ability, independent decision making and sound judgment. Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to handle complex interpersonal situations. Superior organizational skills. Strong interpersonal skills, self awareness and the ability to easily establish rapport with diverse individuals. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team, set priorities and complete assignments in a timely manner. Satisfactory driving record. Excellent personal financial management and credit history.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should apply via our company website at: www.northwesternmutual.com; click on the 'careers' tab, select 'corporate opportunities' and apply to job number 14-0298 Field Benefit Consultant.
Company: Munich American Reassurance Company
Location: Atlanta, GA
Title: Claims Manager
Munich American Reassurance Company (MARC) is a premier life insurance company offering life, annuity, accident & health reinsurance throughout the United States. For more information about MARC, please visit www.marclife.com.
MARC is currently seeking a Claims Manager (Job Grade: 17). The primary focus of the Claims Manager role is to manage the daily operations of either an individual life or living benefits claims team, and provide superior technical claim support to both internal and external customers. This includes acting as the subject matter expert and represents MARC in managing client accounts specific to claim related issues. The Claims Manager will oversee the production and administration of express claims as well as complex claims within standards, focusing on staffing, training and development, planning, budgeting and implementing policies and programs that support the company’s goals and objectives
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Manage the activities of a claims team that administers both express and complex life or living benefits claims
- Ensure internal quality and productivity are consistently met; develop and maintain best practices and claim procedures for all claim processes; and actively identify and implement process improvements
- Identify training opportunities and conduct training for internal and external customers that promotes best claim practices
- Actively participate and present in industry conferences, webinars, and client visits to showcase Munich Re’s expertise and commitment to quality service.
- Work with the team to develop quality presentations and analysis of claims data.
- Oversee and coordinate the activities of the team to insure team objectives are met.
- Function as claims liaison and build strong relationships with internal and external customers.
- Perform the customary personnel and job management duties required to assure proper training, instruction, and development of staff, as well as effective coordination and accomplishment of team activities
- Approve and monitor claim expenses (i.e. legal expenses, claim investigations) and controls operating expenses (i.e., training, office supplies, and other payables)
- Participate on task forces and special projects; serve as a resource to internal customers (i.e. treaty, marketing, pricing and mortality/morbidity)
- Coordinate the production of analytical business reports, identify action items and take steps to resolve action items; (i.e. ICOS report analysis, claim and treaty account trend analysis)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years management of individual life claims teams, reinsurance or direct.
- 4-6 Direct Reports
- Industry designations such as FLMI, ALHC, ARA, ACS preferred
Please visit the Munich Re website at
Company: AAA Life Insurance Company
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Title: Life Mortality Risk Specialist
Operating within the core values and operating principles for the organization, responsible for obtaining, analyzing and evaluating mortality information to make decisions within scope of authority in setting underwriting policy and practice; or recommend a course of action to the department officer or director. Creates and recommends underwriting programs that support the needs of the company, agent and member. This position is the primary liaison to assure that established mortality and expense assumptions are effectively implemented and monitors results through appropriate audit and reporting methods. Will work closely with Actuarial, Marketing, Product Development, Claims, IT, Compliance\Legal, Internal Audit and Underwriting\New Business at all levels from Officer to entry level positions.
- Establish and recommend mortality levels for products through
appropriate analysis and evaluation of data gathered.
- Work effectively in developing new products as well as evaluating and
recommending changes to existing products.
- Perform claims reviews to assure underwriting programs are resulting
in expected outcome and supporting mortality results.
- Establish effective underwriting programs and requirements that
support product mortality assumptions and expenses through evaluation
of claims data, marketing information and agent feedback. This
includes creating and maintaining programs that support underwriting
through technology such as utilization of a rules approach to achieve
efficiency and profitability.
- Create and maintain an underwriting audit program and provide
remedies where required.
- Work effectively with underwriting management in implementing required modifications.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit to assure appropriate underwriting audit controls are in place and all requirements are met.
- Report results to Senior Management.
- Coordinate and perform MIB audits.
- Create and coordinate training programs specifically for Underwriting
and Claims but also for all departments and functions as required.
- Provide materials and content for the Underwriting Approach
Discussion Group and provide updates as appropriate.
- Evaluate results and effectiveness of underwriting requirements, such
as laboratory and MVR data, and recommend modifications based on
- Establish requirements that support programs.
- Create and maintain reporting mechanisms to assure appropriate
mortality, expense and profitability are maintained.
- Maintain LifeNet (company intranet) from an Underwriting perspective
and assure current information is accessible to all staff as
- Prepare and present reports to all levels of management.
- Provide assistance on a variety of projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field or equivalent experience required.
- FLMI designation or ASC preferred.
- Minimum of five years life insurance underwriting experience
- Must have a solid understanding of the financial and legal aspects of
risk selection and other factors pertaining to acceptability and
assessment of life insurance applications.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and Privacy guidelines, Agency Operations and
automated life insurance systems.
- Restructure and process design knowledge required.
- Must be able to perform complex mathematical calculations.
- Advanced knowledge and proficiency with various software
packages (excel, word, etc.).
- Work extended hours or weekends as needed to meet deadlines.
To apply, please click here.
All postings will remain for 60 days unless otherwise noted
Home | Membership
Info | Who's Who | Committees
| Member Companies |
Education Program | Publications | Regional
Meetings | Job Bank | Claims
Resources | Industry Links
© International Claim Association
1155 15th Street, NW • Suite 500 • Washington, DC 20005
Phone: (202) 452-0143 • Fax: (202) 530-0659 • E-mail: email@example.com