There are currently 2 job postings in the Job Bank.
Interested in posting a job to the ICA Job Bank? As part of your ICA Membership all posts to the job bank are free and will remain on the site for 60 days!
If you're not a member of ICA there is a $250 charge to post to the website for 60 days.
Interested in becoming a member? View our member benefits and fill out an application for membership here.
Please forward posts to LaShawn Maloy at email@example.com.
POST 1 (04.17.15)
Company: Gerber Life Insurance Company
Location: Fremont, MI
Job Title: Life Claims Examiner
- Gerber Life Insurance Company is hiring! We have been providing superior quality life insurance products since 1967. We offer an array of insurance products to meet the needs of individuals and families, including The Grow-Up® Plan, The Gerber Life College Plan, and adult coverage products, including Term Life, Whole Life, Guaranteed Life, and Accident Protection. As an affiliate of Gerber Products Company, “the baby food people,” the two companies share a common goal: to help parents raise happy, healthy children. Gerber Products Company and Gerber Life are companies of the Nestle organization.
Evaluate claim information and decide appropriate course of action to properly assess, clarify, and appraise the claim in compliance with policy provisions, claim procedures, legal requirements and professional ethics.
Includes but not limited to: Review, analyze, investigate, and authorize payment of life insurance claims within authority guidelines; Evaluate claim information and decide appropriate course of action to properly assess, clarify, and appraise the claim in compliance with policy provisions, claim procedures, legal requirements and professional ethics; Provide guidance regarding general claim policy, as well as specific claims problems involving the validity of claim, interpretation of policy contracts and terminology; Control work procedures and may coordinate claim work within the department; Facilitate resolution of complaints, concerns and disputes received from claimants, attorneys and State Insurance Departments; May coordinate claims quality control, audits, and training. Identify trends, efficiency and improvement opportunities; Assist in project and new product development as assigned by management; May communicate directly with policyholders, beneficiaries, hospitals, doctors, attorneys, state insurance departments, and other internal and external areas. Contacts involve planning and preparation of the communications, require skills, tact, persuasion and negotiation to reach resolution; May be required to complete additional training/educational courses toward the attainment of designations such as ALHC/FLHC, and ACS.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Preferred: LOMA Level 1 Certificate (courses: 280/281 and 290/291); UND 386; ACS Designation; ALHC Designation; and FLHC
Key Competencies, Qualifications and Skills, Preferred:
- Ability to deal effectively with external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse emotionally charged issues and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in order to prepare formal and informal correspondence; as well as provide clearly articulate reasons for initiatives, guidance for internal/external customers, instructions, etc.
- Good level of competence with organization, prioritization and multi-tasking environment
- Good judgment with proven ability to accurately investigating, analyzing, summarize detailed information in order to solve complex issues.
- Understanding of compliance with Life Insurance and advanced knowledge of Life/Health Claims
- Excellent judgment, problem solving, decision making and follow through skills
- Ability to coach and mentor both peers and associates
- Advanced level of PC skills
- High level of candor, trust and integrity
- Change agent and have a proven track record for delivering results
- Motivated with the flexibility necessary to operate is a fast growing and fast paced environment
Application Link: www.nestlejobs.com - Job Number: 15001806
POST 2 (05.15.15)
Location: Boston, MA/ Work from Home
Job Title: IDI Field Claim Representative #83821
- Position requires home base in Massachusetts with travel within and outside of the state.
Responsibilities include ensuring claim accuracy by conducting highly detailed interviews with customers and their representatives, including attorneys, extensive report writing, providing detailed and comprehensive reports of visits through cost effective practices, resource utilization, and compliance with existing state laws, state insurance department regulations, and time service expectations. Position requires the use of independent analysis and judgment to determine the scope of customer facing interview to include, the need for collateral detail and the use of investigative modalities. Individual will embrace MetLife’s travel initiatives and manage expenses consistent with policy and procedure.
Position requires a customer centric approach to communication, effectively communicating/partnering with internal and external customers to ensure a thorough understanding of claim. Effective communication of policy provisions, claim status and company’s position a must.
Key Competencies, Qualifications and Skills, Preferred:
Please click here for additional details and to apply for this position.
All postings will remain for 60 days unless otherwise noted
Home | Membership
Info | Who's Who | Committees
| Member Companies |
Education Program | Publications | Regional
Meetings | Job Bank | Claims
Resources | Industry Links
© International Claim Association
1155 15th Street, NW • Suite 500 • Washington, DC 20005
Phone: (202) 452-0143 • Fax: (202) 530-0659 • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org