Interested in posting a job to the ICA Job Bank? As part of your ICA Membership all posts to the job bank are free and will remain on the site for 60 days!
If you're not a member of ICA there is a $250 charge to post to the website for 60 days.
Interested in becoming a member? View our member benefits and fill out an application for membership here.
Please forward posts to Kim Reed, Associate Director/Director of Meetings and Membership, at email@example.com.
Posted November 2, 2017
Company: Fidelity & Guaranty Life
Job Title: Senior Reinsurance Analyst
Reports To: Manager, Reinsurance Administration
Location: Des Moines, IA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: July 21, 2017
This position will lead the reinsurance system administration and data quality efforts, as well as, participate in various phases of reinsurance accounting and administration. Individual will be involved in the initial phases of treaty development, process design and controls, coordination with third parties, monthly processing and recognition of appropriate assets, liabilities, income and expenses items. This position will also be the lead contact for Financial Operations, data integrity projects, reinsurance vendors and insurers.
This position reports to the Manager, Reinsurance Administration. The nature of the position will require working cooperatively with other finance, actuarial and operation functions normally involved in the processes of reinsurance administration. May direct the work of others in the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in all phases of reinsurance accounting and reporting, information technology, data cleansing, contract administration, monthly processing, reinsurer settlement / reporting.
- Lead activities involving TAI (reinsurance system) administration and data inquiries.
- Primary contact for Financial Operations and external reinsurance system vendor (TAI).
- Utilize TAI and other data sources to cleanse reinsurance data.
- Represent Reinsurance Administration for all data questions, issue mediation, and new development requests as they relate to data quality and integrity.
- Identify and document process bottlenecks - track resolution progress.
- Systems and process controls review - process control testing, document design improvements, maintain controls inventory, etc.
- Assist with other changes requiring UAT (test plan development and execution).
- Participate in, and understand accounting and reporting requirements for reinsurance treaties.
- Perform financial close tasks, prepare analysis, and provide support to other departments.
- Interface with TPA vendor and internal claims organization to analyze data to ensure proper processing of reinsurance invoices and claims, to ensure smooth processing and data of the highest integrity with maximum efficiency.
- Represent the Reinsurance Department on various process improvement activities and other relevant finance meetings.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years in financial systems and accounting.
- Financial systems knowledge and familiarity with databases and complex excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of TAI a plus.
- Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Insurance or financial services experienced preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Highly motivated, self-starter & team player with a high energy level & willingness to aggressively take on responsibility.
- Strong computer knowledge including working knowledge of financial based accounting packages, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Able to work & effectively communicate with all levels of management, including executive management.
- Proficient in database and excel skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Excellent analytic skills and detail oriented.
- High level of integrity and commitment to achieving goals.
- Support effective partnerships with key individuals and have strong collaboration skills.
- Able to produce in a fast-paced environment while effectively addressing multiple responsibilities.
- Champion process improvement and automation activities.
- Able to mentor junior accountants and in some cases direct the work of others.
- Ability to travel significantly during the training period and as needed on a go-forward basis.
Posted October 18, 2017
Job Title: AVP, LTC Claims and Support Services
Location: Greensboro, NC, US
Company: Lincoln Financial
Relocation assistance will be considered/provided for this opportunity within our company guidelines.
About The Company
Led by over 9,000 employees — including you — Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses.
This position will provide leadership, direction, and functional expertise to the Long Term Care, Waiver of Premium and Disability Income Claims team. S/he will identify continuous improvement and project opportunities and develop and execute strategies to improve customer outcomes, enhance business models, build new capabilities, and improve effectiveness.
- Oversees the management of appropriate service level agreements and directs Claims teams to evaluate and ensure agreed service levels are met or exceeded.
- Develops and implements policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure teams operations are in compliance with company policies as well as insurance laws and regulations
- Collaborates with senior leadership to contribute to development of claims strategies and ensures operational plans for his/her assigned area(s) are aligned with overall business plans & strategic initiatives
- Develops and executes strategies to improve performance & consistency of customer service delivery for his/her assigned Claims area(s).
- Leverages industry & enterprise best practices and technologies to improve efficiency and quality of services.
- Builds and manages workforce planning tools, budgets and reports to ensure all business outcomes are achieved.
- Develops strategy to effectively manage change to establish new practices, processes, and controls for her/his primary areas of accountability.
- Identifies, leverages, and directs strategic process and technology enhancements, as part of enterprise digitization and other efforts, to design and deliver more effective, efficient Claims processes.
- Meets with current and prospective agents/customers to outline capabilities, design effective solutions, and provide differentiating service.
- Develops business delivery and business continuity capabilities, as well as developing new work from home opportunities.
- Partners with Learning and Development areas to create and maintain proper training.
- Provides input into product design for insurance products for his/her business area, to ensure Claims processes and capabilities are aligned to intended product outcomes.
- Provides leadership on Claims as well as other business-wide projects; engages with senior leadership and other key stakeholders to evaluate issues/constraints, drive resolution, and enable successful outcomes
Education & Experience
- 10+ years claims or other related service experience within the insurance industry with 3+ years managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience.(Required)
- Long Term Care claims supervisory experience
- Experience in managing process automation and digitization transformational activities
- Proven large scale change leader within area of responsibility
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)
"There is no Certification or Licensure Listed"
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 50%
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro
Job Segment: Claims, Insurance
Posted August 23, 2017
Job Title: Disability Claim Spec / Sr. Disability Claim Spec
If you want to make a positive difference and stand out from the crowd, you'll fit in at The Standard (www.standard.com). Our Individual Disability Insurance business line is dynamic and fast paced; and its talented and friendly employees enjoy challenge while deriving satisfaction from providing services and products that can greatly impact the people we serve. Come join us and share our passion for serving our customers in a positively different way.
The Disability Claim Spec / Sr. Disability Claim Spec will secure and analyze claim information to make and approve appropriate claim and disability management strategies to ensure prompt and accurate disability decisions and payments on complex, high liability or more problematic types of disability claims. Provide responsive customer service to claimants (policyholders), employers, group offices and agents. Serve as a technical resource and section leader.
Contribute to the company's success through excellent customer service and meeting or exceeding performance objectives for the following major job functions:
Develop a claim and management strategy for each claim to appropriately determine claim eligibility, contain claim liability and provide excellent customer service. On an ongoing basis investigate, secure and analyze information pertaining to claimants' medical condition, occupational demands, work earnings, business income and expenses, insured status, including whether coverage is contestable, and other policy provisions to accurately determine eligibility for and entitlement to disability benefits within prescribed timeframes and accurate payment of benefits; Identify financial, occupational or medical discrepancies and outstanding issues and secure necessary documentation. Identify possible fraud and work closely with the SIU on investigation and evaluation. Make and communicate disability approval or adverse decisions, communicating with sensitivity to tone and content.
Respond to complex/sensitive claim and account inquiries from claimants, attorneys, claimant financial advisors, policyholders, field personnel, and other interested parties; resolve related issues through effective oral and written communication, and by involving the appropriate people within, or outside, the department or company. Act as a client contact within the department, unit and enterprise, working in partnership with Benefits, Underwriting, Sales, Legal and SIU.
Demonstrate leadership ability and skill, at times conducting review and approval of claim decisions, disability management strategies and payments recommended by less-seasoned staff; develop medical, occupational, financial and/or investigative expertise of benefit to the section and department; participate in formal and informal training for the department, section and individuals; sharing knowledge and expertise with team.
Ensure the company's reserve liability is accurately established by identifying all applicable claim offsets and maintaining accurate claim and system data. Identify reinsured claims and seek appropriate reimbursement of expenses.
Demonstrated skills: Provide appropriate and timely disability, claim, and account management and administration for complex claims. Recognize, understand and respond to complex claim and account inquiries from all interested parties in a disability claim. . Recognize, understand, and respond to situations involving potentially fraudulent activity and/or litigation, working in partnership with SIU and Legal department as appropriate.
Ability to: Understand and interpret claim evaluation material, including contract language, medical records, occupational and financial records, and legal correspondence. Develop expertise in one or several areas of benefit to the section and department. Provide effective coaching and training of others. Make decisions in the absence of specific direction. Effectively identify and prioritize critical objectives focusing on high impact components.
Working knowledge of: Contract language, underwriting and sales practices, legal aspects of claims, occupational and financial detail and documentation.
Education: Degree in business, science or related field preferred, but not required if candidate has relevant work experience
Experience: Progressively responsible experience as a Disability Claim Specialist or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience.
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
For more information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity applicant rights, click here.
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance or accommodation with the application process should contact HR Direct at 971-321-7871. This number is only for the use of individuals with disabilities who need accommodation with the application process. General inquiries about application status will not be addressed.