Interested in posting a job to the ICA Job Bank? As part of your ICA Membership all posts to the job bank are free and will remain on the site for 60 days!
If you're not a member of ICA there is a $250 charge to post to the website for 60 days.
Interested in becoming a member? View our member benefits and fill out an application for membership here.
Please forward posts to Kim Reed, Associate Director/Director of Meetings and Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted February 28, 2018
Reinsurance Group of America, Incorporated (NYSE: RGA) is a leader in the global life reinsurance industry with approximately $2.9 trillion of life reinsurance in force and assets of $44.7 billion. We are one of the largest life reinsurance companies in the world and currently hiring for an Associate Director of Claims for our Chesterfields, MO. Location.
The Associate Director Claims, leads and manages a team of associates performing single tasks or closely related multiple tasks that may be complex, including: processing of claims including early death claims, claims in litigation, deaths outside the US, liability reviews, claims management reporting and other related activities. Performs managerial duties, and develops and mentors associates. Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of process improvements that may extend beyond the area of oversight. Manages to avoid financial surprises in Claims.
- Performs supervisory duties for associates who perform routine to complex duties, including, but not limited to hiring, training, evaluating, coaching and disciplining direct reports. Fosters a positive and engaged work environment. Mentors associates and provides guidance on associate development.
- Assists in planning, setting of goals and ensuring the objectives of the department are met. Collaborates with other members of the US Ops Management team to implement and manage to goals/plans/budgets that align with division and company objectives.
- Assesses projects, develops plans, and assigns and assesses work of staff.
- Develops positive relationships with customers and discusses settlement of specific claims matters or a change in the client’s overall practice to align with RGA Re’s claims philosophy.
- Manages processes, reports and staff to avoid financial surprises from unexpected claims backlog/results.
- Works with all departments in the Operations division and other departments within RGA Re to identify and resolve problems/issues, including internal audit and SOX matters
- Recommends and participates in the development and implementation of process improvements that may extend beyond area of oversight and with the approval of Operations leadership.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience;
- 8+ years insurance related experience
- 5+ years experience in a supervisory or managerial position
- Reinsurance industry knowledge
Skills and Abilities
- Intermediate Microsoft Word Skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel Skills
- Basic Microsoft Outlook Skills
- Intermediate SQL Skills
- Competent ability to comprehend and interpret insurance and contract documents
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Ability to balance detail with department goals and objectives
- Advanced written and oral communication skills and organizational skills
- Advanced ability to investigate, analyze and solve complex problems/issue
- Advanced persuasion skills when working with external customers to resolve issues/problems
- Ability to manage multiple teams or projects
- Advanced interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to manage, mentor and develop support staff
- Advanced ability to foster a teamwork and customer service focused environment
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change
- Basic goal setting skills
- Change initiation skills
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Ability to improve processes and add value.
- Advanced Query Skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology to support the Claims Department
Posted February 19, 2018
Job Title: Education Consultant
I. SCOPE OF WORK
Phase I – Research (30 days): Consultant will schedule a conference call with the Education Committee at commencement of contract to review the entire scope of the project and project expectations. Consultant at the direction of the ICA Education Committee, will identify an appropriate replacement for the current ICA C-4, Management of Claim Operations course. Three replacements have tentatively been identified as suitable replacements, however, the committee will consider other recommendations.
Phase 2 – Contract (30 days): Consultant will obtain cost proposal and timeline for implementation from selected vendor for review and approval by the Education Committee. Consultant will obtain contract from vendor that includes total cost for conversion and timelines for project completion.
Phase 3 – Conversion and Implementation (60 days): Consultant will manage all aspects of the conversion to e-learning with approved vendor. This will include providing the Education Committee with weekly progress reports, working with headquarters staff to ensure IT and e-commerce requirements. Consultant will be responsible for ensuring successful conversion that includes final review and approval of the conversion before presenting to the Education Committee.
- Participate on calls with Education Committee
- Participate on calls with prospective vendors
- Coordination with headquarters staff
- Participate on calls with prospective course vendors
- Identify suitable replacement options to present to Education Committee for approval
- Manage the conversion of the selected course to an e-learning platform that is similar to the ICA’s current course offerings (C-1, C-2, C-3 and C-4).
- Track and report on metrics to Education Committee.
Consultant will provide consulting services requested by the ICA for a fee of $40,000. It is estimated that the project will take 400 hours at $100/hour.
The fee will be billed 25% at start of contract, 25% upon commencement of the conversion to e-learning modules and the remaining 50% at project completion. If the project exceeds the approved outlined scope ICA will consider additional costs with the approval of the ICA Board of Directors.
There is no administrative support provided for this position.
- Expense Reimbursement
ICA is responsible for all travel or out of pocket costs. A breakdown of expenses will be sent to the ICA Executive Director monthly. Any travel expenses must be approved in advance and in writing by the ICA Executive Director or ICA Education Committee Chair.
Note: ICA will be reviewing all its educational offerings on a continuous basis once the conversion of the management course is completed. There could be additional opportunities available for consultant after successful implementation of the current project.
Interested candidates should contact Chris Murphy at ICA Headquarters at email@example.com or 202-452-0143.
Posted November 2, 2017
Company: Fidelity & Guaranty Life
Job Title: Senior Reinsurance Analyst
Reports To: Manager, Reinsurance Administration
Location: Des Moines, IA
FLSA Status: Exempt
Date Prepared: July 21, 2017
This position will lead the reinsurance system administration and data quality efforts, as well as, participate in various phases of reinsurance accounting and administration. Individual will be involved in the initial phases of treaty development, process design and controls, coordination with third parties, monthly processing and recognition of appropriate assets, liabilities, income and expenses items. This position will also be the lead contact for Financial Operations, data integrity projects, reinsurance vendors and insurers.
This position reports to the Manager, Reinsurance Administration. The nature of the position will require working cooperatively with other finance, actuarial and operation functions normally involved in the processes of reinsurance administration. May direct the work of others in the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in all phases of reinsurance accounting and reporting, information technology, data cleansing, contract administration, monthly processing, reinsurer settlement / reporting.
- Lead activities involving TAI (reinsurance system) administration and data inquiries.
- Primary contact for Financial Operations and external reinsurance system vendor (TAI).
- Utilize TAI and other data sources to cleanse reinsurance data.
- Represent Reinsurance Administration for all data questions, issue mediation, and new development requests as they relate to data quality and integrity.
- Identify and document process bottlenecks - track resolution progress.
- Systems and process controls review - process control testing, document design improvements, maintain controls inventory, etc.
- Assist with other changes requiring UAT (test plan development and execution).
- Participate in, and understand accounting and reporting requirements for reinsurance treaties.
- Perform financial close tasks, prepare analysis, and provide support to other departments.
- Interface with TPA vendor and internal claims organization to analyze data to ensure proper processing of reinsurance invoices and claims, to ensure smooth processing and data of the highest integrity with maximum efficiency.
- Represent the Reinsurance Department on various process improvement activities and other relevant finance meetings.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years in financial systems and accounting.
- Financial systems knowledge and familiarity with databases and complex excel spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of TAI a plus.
- Some supervisory experience preferred.
- Insurance or financial services experienced preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Highly motivated, self-starter & team player with a high energy level & willingness to aggressively take on responsibility.
- Strong computer knowledge including working knowledge of financial based accounting packages, spreadsheets and word processing software.
- Able to work & effectively communicate with all levels of management, including executive management.
- Proficient in database and excel skills
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Excellent analytic skills and detail oriented.
- High level of integrity and commitment to achieving goals.
- Support effective partnerships with key individuals and have strong collaboration skills.
- Able to produce in a fast-paced environment while effectively addressing multiple responsibilities.
- Champion process improvement and automation activities.
- Able to mentor junior accountants and in some cases direct the work of others.
- Ability to travel significantly during the training period and as needed on a go-forward basis.