Interested in posting a job to the ICA Job Bank? As part of your ICA Membership all posts to the job bank are free and will remain on the site for 60 days!
If you're not a member of ICA there is a $250 charge to post to the website for 60 days.
Interested in becoming a member? View our member benefits and fill out an application for membership here.
Please forward posts to Andrew Bird, Associate Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted November 7, 2018
Senior Claims Analyst
Lincoln Benefit Life
LBL HoldCo II, Inc. is a specialist U.S. life insurance company and is the parent company of Lincoln Benefit Life. Our mission is to build a substantial, diversified and lasting life insurance company. Our focus is providing excellent policyholder service and delivering sustainable financial results within a well-controlled risk framework.
LBL HoldCo II, Inc. offers a unique and exciting opportunity to join a company with a proven business model and help shape the future of the U.S. life insurance industry, working with an experienced collegial team of industry leaders. We value collaboration amongst all functions, and don't believe in working in silos.
If you are a self-motivated individual with relevant professional skills who wants to work in such an environment - please join us!
The Senior Claims Analyst is responsible for ensuring that escalated requests from our third party administrators regarding complex claims situations are addressed within a timely and professional manner. The Senior Claims Analyst is also responsible for assisting with the development, drafting and implementation of procedures, regulatory compliance and financial controls associated with TPA governance.
Responsibilities include assistance with internal aspects of both Direct and Reinsurance claims administration, including legal, special investigation unit, finance, actuarial and operational support.
- Access and prioritize requests from third party administrators and reinsurance assignments.
- Investigation, analysis and resolution of escalated, complex claim cases both direct and reinsured.
- Perform ongoing monitoring and follow-up of claims and reinsurance recovery.
- Escalate claim resolution to management when necessary
- Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations and reinsurance treaty provisions.
- Maintain the privacy and security of all confidential and protected information; uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to work collaboratively with other key internal and external staff to obtain necessary information both internal and external partners.
- Monitor financial/actuarial claim related financial controls to ensure processing/data accuracy.
- Compile reports for management as needed
- Take initiative for learning new skills and willingness to participate and share expertise on projects, committees and other activities, as deemed appropriate
- Consistently demonstrate a positive and professional attitude at work
- Maintain stable performance under pressure and handles stress in ways to maintain relationships with third party administrators, reinsurers, customers and co-workers
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing Life & Annuity claims assessors in a direct management or third party governance role.
- Preferably extended experience with companion products, LTC, Pre-need, Disability Income, Waiver of Premium, etc.
- Preferable experience with one of more of the following systems: TAI, Cyberlife, AWD, FAST and LifeCad.
- College degree desired, equivalent claims experience will be accepted.
- Life Office Management Association certifications or comparable experience.
- Strong verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Strong risk assessment, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to collaborate with key partners and business leaders
- Ability to read and interpret contract language
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results under pressure in a tight timeframe preferred
- Knowledge of annuities and life plans and processes highly desirable
- Proven track record of process improvement and innovation desirable
This position may be based out of Lincoln, NE or Rosemont, IL. Remote/work-from-home will be considered based upon skills and qualifications.
Posted September 26, 2018
Hannover Re – Glendale, Colorado
As a global reinsurer we assume risks from other insurers and work with them to develop innovative products. Some 2,900 experts worldwide from a range of specialist disciplines devote their know-how and passion for their profession to strengthening and expanding our excellent market position on a daily basis. By taking an assuredly different approach to their work, they make us one of the most profitable reinsurance groups in the world.
Manages assigned team members for Mortality Solutions assumed claims to ensure company standards for production and quality are met. Provides technical expertise so that claims administration is compliant with treaty or other ceding company agreements, Model Audit Rule (MAR) controls, and industry standards. Supports the AVP, Claims in the direction and administration of claims through the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure department objectives are met.
- Manages and motivates assigned team members to achieve department objectives so that the company's contractual obligations and business goals are met.
- Monitors productivity and quality reviews for compliance with standards to ensure the timely and accurate processing of assumed claims. Produces production metric reporting, as required, so that information can be used to determine team and individual performance.
- Establishes individual performance goals and development plans to support team and company objectives. Conducts performance reviews to recognize excellence, address performance issues, and provide guidance on career path to ensure team members understand strengths and opportunities.
- Ensures critical functions are cross-trained with appropriate resources to maintain seamless production. Provides coaching and training to support the development of high performing team members.
- Reviews and approves incontestable and contestable claims to ensure accurate and timely payment of valid, treaty-compliant claims up to authority limits. Responds to ceding companies in compliance with treaty time stipulations.
- Provides technical claim expertise to the team for all complex claims types including: analyzing ceding company decisions; evaluating ceding company processes and overall claims handling ability; makes audit recommendations to ensure compliance with treaty and other ceding company agreements. Escalates claim issues or situations requiring higher level involvement so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Evaluates processes to ensure the implementation of policies, procedures and methods to perform claims processing are met and adhere to defined MAR controls. Drives to completion assigned projects so that department objectives are completed and develops and implements processing efficiencies to ensure processing is at optimal efficiency.
- Monitors the movement of Mortality Solutions business and potential impact on claims production through client communications and attending cross-team meetings to ensure AVP, Claims and other team members are kept informed of applicable changes.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
- Minimum of 5 years of insurance, reinsurance or other related field experience
- College degree or equivalent business experience
- Exceptional communication, negotiation and customer service skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits
- Intermediate MS Office: Excel, Word, and Power Point skills
Desirable knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to work with specific terminology related to the insurance/reinsurance industry and medical underwriting
- Advanced working knowledge of life insurance administration, assumed and retroceded
- Completion of Insurance Designations – LOMA, ICA or equivalent industry courses
Company Standards applicable to all positions
- Adhere to Hannover Life Reassurance Company of America (Hannover Re) policies, procedures and rules of conduct
- Perform all duties with the goal of supporting our mission statement and maximizing shareholder value
- Develop and maintain professional and productive working relationships with co-workers, customers, and/or vendors
- This job is a full-time position that operates in a professional office environment. It requires the ability to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, telepresence, photocopiers, scanners, and filing cabinets.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties or responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you would like to apply for a job at Hannover Re please submit your resume via our Applicant Tracking System.
If you have general questions about vacancies or the application process, please contact us at HRLUSemail@example.com.
Hannover Life Reassurance Company of America (Hannover Re) seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support the mission, vision and values of the company and those who respect and promote excellence through diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, marital, familial or parental status, genetic information, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected classification. The company complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and prohibits unlawful harassment based on any of the aforementioned protected classes at every location in which the company operates. This applies to all terms, conditions and privileges of employment including but not limited to: hiring, assessments, probation, placement, benefits, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, training and development, social and recreational programs, educational assistance and retirement.We are committed to making our application process and workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Upon request, Hannover Re will reasonably accommodate applicants so they can participate in the application process unless doing so would create an undue hardship to Hannover Re, or a threat to these individuals, others in the workplace or the company as a whole. To request an accommodation, please email HRLUSfirstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow for 24 hours to process your request
Posted September 20, 2018
Operations Manager/Sr Manager (Variable Claims/Claims Service)
Under limited direction, provides management support for Claims staff within Enterprise Operations. Accountable for the performance and results of assigned team: including, customer satisfaction, production, quality, control environment, employee development, and goals. Collaborate with cross-functional department leaders and other business partners to achieve goals. **Securities licensing is generally required for those directly involved with activities related to Variable products, Broker Dealers, and Registered Representatives.**
- Manage a Variable Claims team through both direct and indirect reporting relationships: conduct hiring, training, development and overall performance management.
- Manage team work load and priorities to ensure service and quality standards are met, assist team members with difficult and complex work issues, and escalate unusual and/or high risk situations to director as appropriate. Adapt departmental plans and priorities, as necessary.
- Develop and maintain successful customer relationships through team(s) and personal interactions by: effectively representing assigned area, proactively seeking customer input/feedback, assessing customer needs, and communicating operational needs.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with business partners/leaders to create open channels of communication, and stay current and aligned with department wide initiatives, priorities, and goals.
- Represent area of responsibility in department wide initiatives and special projects. Assist director in the development and implementation of short- and long-term objectives for assigned area.
- Manage end to end claims process and controls.
- 2-3 years experience required in variable annuities with proven successful customer service management.
- 4-7 years preferred experience in life, annuity, LTC claims, and controls with proven successful customer service management.
- Two-year degree required in business/related field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven ability to lead teams, manage performance, and drive results aligned with strategic priorities/plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare and present recommendations.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels, and influence change to drive improved business results.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills.
**If Securities licensing is required as outlined above, the deadline to obtain is 90 days from the date Variable-related activities commence.
Posted September 11, 2018
Annuity Claims Processor - (1800446) US-OH-Fairfield
Click Here to Apply
The Cincinnati Life Insurance Company Life Claims department is currently seeking an experienced annuity claims processor to analyze and process deferred annuity claims. The position requires professional communication with beneficiaries, agents and other customers while providing fair adjudication of claims and acting as a resource to others.
Starting Pay:$40,000 - $45,000; depending on knowledge and skill
- interpret and apply annuity contract language to determine liability and/or fraud potential
- distribute annuity funds according to contract terms and beneficiary selection of 5 year deferral, settlement options, 1035exchanges, transfer of assets or lump sum payouts
- answer telephone inquiries regarding new, pending and settled claims
- approve claims accurately, promptly, and within scope of authority.
- verify data in policy administration system and calculate benefit amount to ensure accurate claim payment and financial reporting
- act as an expert for questions regarding qualified and non-qualified annuities, including settlement options and transfer of assets
- create and maintain departmental annuity procedures
- comply with all regulations and state fair claims practices
- minimum three years' experience life and annuity claim processing
- knowledge of basic annuity contract language
- familiarity with tax laws related to annuities
- strong analytical and math skills
- ability to work well independently and in teams
- proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- strong attention to detail
- excellent customer service skills
- knowledge of LifePro administration system preferred
- demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Associate degree or equivalent life/annuity or tax-related experience
- progress toward FLMI, FLHC or other industry designation preferred
The Cincinnati Insurance Company, a subsidiary of Cincinnati Financial Corporation, stands among the nation's top 25 property casualty insurer groups, based on net written premiums, and has earned an A+ rating from A.M. Best. Our commitment to the independent agency system began in 1950 and is our company's core strength and competitive advantage. We excel by offering agents and policyholders a local presence, unparalleled claims service, loss control consultation services, work-saving technology initiatives, and competitive products, rates and compensation. Selected associates receive a comprehensive salary and benefits package, including a matching 401(k). Equal Opportunity Employer. Best's ratings are under continuous review and subject to change and/or affirmation. To confirm the current rating, please visit www.ambest.com.