If you would like to pursue a more advanced level of claims education, the ICA offers the Fellow, Life and Health Claims (FLHC) professional designation. This program was created to foster a broader knowledge base and deeper understanding of fellow life and health claims by focusing on related insurance functions, like marketing, risk management, estate planning, business planning and more. The FLHC program is a strong investment in your business and a surefire way to turbocharge your career.
Although the successful completion of the entire ALHC Program curriculum is a prerequisite to earning the FLHC designation, students may enroll for courses in either curriculum in any order. However, since the FLHC Program builds upon the knowledge gained from the ALHC Program curriculum, the ICA recommends completing the entire ALHC Program before participating in the FLHC Program. All classes are discounted for our members.
The FLHC Curriculum
In addition to the introductory courses and four ICA courses for ALHC, this curriculum includes four total courses: three required LOMA courses and one elective from LOMA or the American College of Financial Services.
- ACS 100 – Foundations of Customer Service
- ACS 101 – Customer Service for Insurance Professionals
- LOMA 320 Life and Health Insurance Marketing
- UND 386* Underwriting Life & Health Insurance
*Enrollments in UND 386 are being discontinued effective December 31, 2023. Learners will have the full 6-month course access period following enrollment to complete the course. Course access will not be available after June 30, 2024. Learn more here.
(LOMA’s former Course 10-SR or UND 385 may be substituted for UND 386.)
LOMA or American College
Elective Options (one required):
- LOMA 351 – Financial Services Environment
- LOMA 307 – Business and Financial Concepts for Insurance Professionals
- LOMA 308 – The Business of Insurance: Applying Financial Concepts
- LOMA 371 – Risk Management and Product Design for Insurance Companies
- AIRC 410 – Regulatory Compliance: Companies, Producers, and Operations
- AIRC 411 – The Regulatory Environment for Life Insurance
- AIRC 420 – Regulatory Compliance: Insurance and Annuity Products
- AIRC 421 – Regulation of Life Insurance Products, Sales & Operations
- HS 321 – Income Taxation
- HS 330 – Fundamentals of Estate Planning
- HS 331 – Planning for Business Owners and Professionals
It is the student’s responsibility to forward proof of completion for all non-ICA exams to ICA Headquarters. Acceptable proofs of completion include a copy of your transcripts or grade reports. These reports can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.