April 11, 2024
12:00 PM – 4:30 PM
ICA is recognized internationally by insurance claim professionals as the go to for education in the life, disability and health claims industry. This half-day seminar will bring together industry claims professionals to engage in high-quality educational offerings that will provide participants with relevant and timely information.
Member: $99 Non-Member: $199
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM ET
Multi-Life Disability: What it is and how it works.
Kevin J. Sherman, ALHC
Head of Multi-Life Operations
Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
An overview of the Multi-Life Disability benefit also known as Supplemental Disability or Guaranteed Standard Issue (GSI). The session will cover the benefits to individuals and companies and provide a high level overview of the risk management and implementation process.
Navigating your career path: A session on owning your development.
Speakers: Meredith, Heibert, Head of Life and Annuity Claims, Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
Embark on a transformative journey on self-discovery and strategic career planning in our ‘Navigating Your Career Path’ session. This session is designed to empower you with the knowledge and tools needed to navigate your claims career. Whether you’re just starting your career, looking for professional growth within the same level or aiming for advancement, this session will provide practical insights and actionable strategies to propel you forward. Key focus areas:
- Technical development: a) Claims courses offered within the industry; b) Strategic Planning for Professional Growth
- Personal growth: a) Mentorship and Guidance b) Crafting your Personal Brand
2:20 PM – 3:20 PM ET
Hot Topics in Life, Health and Disability Claims/Litigation
Speakers: Kenton Coppage, Attorney, Fox Rothschild and Vivian Ethridge, AVP and Senior Counsel, Lincoln Financial
In-house and outside counsel will discuss the latest issues in the claims or litigation arena for life, health, and disability coverages.
3:30 PM – 4:30 PM ET
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
Speaker: Ernest Patrick Smith, Managing Partner, Nawrocki Smith and John Spatola, Partner of the Emerging Business (Tax),
Business Valuation, Forensic Accounting and Dispute Resolution Services (BVFDR), Nawrocki Smith.
Like the fast-paced films, this presentation will deal with the:
- Economy, now and the future
- Taxes and where we are heading including the new passed provsions of the tax law
- The current political climate and its impact on the aforementioned
- What does the future hold for the American people as we enter into a new wave of technological and social change
- How does all of this effect claims and the challenges faced by claims professionals in their day-to-day decision making as to occupation, earnings and many other factors surrounding claims