Senior Life Claims Examiner – Bestow Life (Remote, Dallas TX, Austin TX)
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI). In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. If you are an advanced life claims expert yearning to use your experience to build a first-class, technology enabled claims experience, then you may be our next Senior Life Claims Examiner! Please use the following link to submit your resume to be considered for this position.
• Evaluate the appropriateness of each payment, denial, and calculation of benefit in accord with both contractual and statutory requirements
• Establish and maintain contact with beneficiaries to efficiently and thoroughly resolve each claim within service level agreements, statutory requirements, and company guidelines\procedures
• Perform contestability investigations, evaluate for possible rescission, make rescission determination, and draft rescission letters where\when applicable
• Collaborate and direct 3rd party investigators on foreign \ presumptive death authentications and contestable investigations
• Work closely with claims management regarding claims and live rescission experience to determine if application or underwriting changes are warranted
• Work closely with Legal and Compliance as related to claims, rescissions, and claims litigation
• Proactively communicate with claimants, plan holders, 3rd party investigators, and physicians to obtain information deemed necessary to complete adjudication
• Complete all other tasks and projects as assigned by management
Counsel at Modern Woodmen of America
Are you ready to have a rewarding in-house legal career? Modern Woodmen of America is seeking dedicated candidates who will provide legal and business guidance to our organization. This position is located at Modern Woodmen’s home office in Rock Island, IL. Please use the following link to submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
- Assist in managing legal risk by researching and providing advice and solutions on matters of insurance, corporate, employment, fraternal benefit, and/or property laws.
- Prepare, review, and interpret contracts and other legal documents related to a wide variety of matters.
- Participate in and supervise dispute resolution ranging from informal advice to operating departments to active litigation management.
- Represent the organization and manage outside counsel as necessary in legal proceedings.
- Provide advice on regulatory matters.