Claims Specialist– Hannover Re (Remote – Work from Home)
posted on 8/2/2021
If you would like to apply for a job at Hannover Re please submit your application, including a resume via Applicant Tracking System.
As a global reinsurer we assume risks from other insurers and work with them to develop innovative products. Some 2,900 experts worldwide from a range of specialist disciplines devote their know-how and passion for their profession to strengthening and expanding our excellent market position on a daily basis. By taking an assuredly different approach to their work, they make us one of the most profitable reinsurance groups in the world.
Completes non-routine administrative services for assumed claims, and supports subordinate team members so that department accuracy and time standards are met and claims are compliant with treaty agreement obligations.
• Processes claims for more complex ceding companies, including approving claims up to authority limit and reviewing assigned non-routine claims so that payments fulfil treaty agreement obligations and meet department processing standards.
• Supports subordinate team members with technical expertise on the completion of auxiliary tasks, resolution of non-routine client matters, and provides guidance and/or training as required so that claims are processed within accuracy and time standards.
• Works independently to complete non-routine administrative tasks to support Management. Coordinates with Claims team, or on cross functional teams, for completion of tasks assigned so that the department operations and deliverables are supported
and objectives are met.
• Develops and maintains professional client relationships so that the Hannover Re brand values are employed.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities • Minimum 3 years reinsurance, life insurance or other related field experience
• College degree or equivalent business experience
• Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new applications
• Intermediate MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet skills
• Professional written and verbal communication and listening skills
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities
• Excellent customer service skills
• Strong accounting skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Life insurance claims experience preferred
• Completion of LOMA, ICA, or equivalent industry courses